About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Civil Engineering Construction Lead
Our client, a high profile global organisation within the Energy Sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Civil Engineering Construction Lead to work within one of their Project Teams.Start date:ASAP
Location: AlgeriaWork pattern: Rotation 28/28
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the construction of new and reconstruction of well pads, right of way for pipelines, roads, upgrading of existing roads, other infrastructure constructions like camps, offices, sewage treatment plant, etc.,
- Supervises contractors that monitor and execute construction activities.
- Ensures that contractors comply with HSE procedures and the necessary design considerations in a timely manner.
- Monitor the ongoing works with the contractor and ensure compliance with PTW procedures
- Ensure contractors price proposals are in accordance with the contract and price estimates are reasonably accurate as per industry practices
- Review and approve contractor invoices for the work done
- Prepare monthly value of work done of the contracts
- Support the ongoing construction activities by displaying a good awareness of HSE issues and imparting that protocol to the HSE site manager for control of the same
Requirements:•Civil Engineering qualification and/or Construction Management/Engineering qualification required •At least 5 years work experience in a Construction Supervision in petroleum, petrochemical or infrastructure companies•Requires strong project management skills•Must have strong communication skills in both written and verbal areas.
•Must be an expert in construction processes, compliance with safety and engineering standards. •Likely to have qualifications in Safety Management / HSE•Demonstrable knowledge of Safety Standards (US and International) and Permit to Work controls.•English language skills required, French &/or Arabic would be advantageous but is not mandatory
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester