About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: N/A
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Civil and Structural Specialist
IntroductionOur client is building Canada’s first large-scale LNG facility underpinned by safety, continuous improvement, quality execution, and ethics and compliance. The industry-leading liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility will provide the world’s cleanest LNG, with the lowest carbon intensity.
The position is responsible for the implementation and stewardship of the clients' Civil Equipment Integrity Management Program as part of an overarching Managing Equipment Care strategy. Responsibilities will be modified to suit the experience level of the successful candidate.
Contract End: September 30, 2024 (with possible extension)
- Support the development and implementation of the Civil Equipment Integrity Management program as part of an overall Managing Equipment Care strategy.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Civil Asset Register for all aspects of the client's facilities and structures including the Material Offloading Facility. Civil assets include foundations (shallow and deep), primary and secondary structures, coatings and insulation, infrastructure (roads, bridges, utilities), and marine area structures.
- With the Civil Engineer, develop and manage a Civil Asset Care Plan for the site, with specific equipment care plans for targeted assets. The Civil Asset Care Plan will be a strategic, long-term civil asset management plan to manage and optimize maintenance spending related to the time-based degradation of civil and structural assets.
- Champion compliance to Global Performance Standard templates and relevant Reliability Strategy Libraries to use them as a reference for the development of inspection scope and strategies for HSSE critical equipment.
- Leverage leading-edge technology and digitalization opportunities in an ‘Asset of the Future’ environment.
- Provide deep technical expertise in the areas of Civil troubleshooting, and maintenance of facilities and structures, driving strong assurance and proactive problem-solving.
- Actively lead projects related to the management of civil assets including inspection, fabric maintenance, and repair.
- Maintain and manage the civil asset register within the Integrity Management System software to track and monitor all aspects of civil equipment maintenance and integrity management. This includes the use of risk-based inspection strategies as well as turnaround scope development and execution.
- Develop and execute on Corrective Action Inspection Requests (CAIRs) and other maintenance and repair strategies as required.
- Support the maintenance execution team for discipline-related activities such as lifting equipment and structural supports.
- Participate in technical review and updating of civil equipment design specifications and standards.
- Identify and prioritize civil asset care programs and develop capital and expense investment plans in consultation with the Civil Engineer.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to PEI team members on an ad-hoc basis where civil discipline knowledge is required.
- Participate in Causal Investigations as opportunities arise.
- Understand and adhere to regulatory requirements with respect to the regulated civil equipment.
- Participate in the Management of Change process for any proposed changes to civil equipment related to design, materials, loading, or use.
- A civil or structural inspector or engineer with 5 years’ experience in the construction and maintenance of industrial facilities, working under the direct supervision of an experienced and registered Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Professional registration eligibility with EGBC as an Engineer-in-Training, Professional Engineer, or ASTTBC as a technician or technologist.
- Knowledge level in the application of codes, standards, and design practices related to civil structures.
- Knowledge related to the design of civil works including structural, marine, and site geotechnical attributes.
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and complete projects to achieve the goals of the Civil Asset Care Plan.
- Initiative and capacity to exercise good judgment.
- Good management and supervisory skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High-level interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other core business areas to provide an engineering service that ensures the safety, longevity, and regulatory compliance of plant equipment and civil structures.
- Leverage experience and innovation to provide unique and viable strategies for managing civil assets within the Asset of the Future.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary