About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Technical
- Location: Miami
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Chief Water Resources Engineer
Brunel is currently searching for a Chief Water Resources Engineer for a direct hire position with our client located in Miami, Arizona.
About the Role:
The Chief Water Resources Engineer is responsible for ensuring consistent access to the water needed for mining operations, while managing surface water and groundwater resources responsibly and in conformance with Environmental Policies, industry best practices and company expectations.
- Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with company and MSHA safety guidelines and procedures.
- Implement, monitor and take ownership of the Water Supply Strategy and Water Management Plan to ensure consistent access to water as needed for the Life of Mine Plan.
- Collaborate with most departments to support water management at all site facilities, including the open pit, tailings facilities, dump leach and waste rock dumps. Provide water-related input to geotechnical analyses as needed.
- Engage and manage consultants for a range of water-related scopes, and review technical models, reports etc.
- Design, implement and manage hydrological monitoring systems.
- Provide input into long-term planning (Resource Development Plan, 5-year plan, etc.) and Short-term planning (Year Budget, Forecast and 3-month plan).
- Provide input into strategic mine development studies for mine expansions, development scenarios, closure approaches etc.
- Build and foster strong relationships with site, corporate, and external personnel, including operators, engineers, environmental teams and management.
- Provide mentoring and technical support to an established team of professionals.
- Additional tasks and duties as required.
- 10 or more years of experience in water resources engineering, hydrology, or a related field, within the mining industry required.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred, or eligibility to become certified within 12 months.
- Strong project management and report writing skills, combined with the ability to work in teams across all levels of the organization.
- Practical experience in many aspects of water resources engineering, including water supply planning, surface water and groundwater management, water balance and numerical modeling, and others.
- Knowledge of GoldSim and other common water management and/or GIS software is highly valued.
- Experience in presenting complex technical assessments to a range of stakeholders
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to communicate clearly in English
- This role is 100% on-site in Miami, Arizona and will generally be 70% in an office environment and 30% field environment.
- Salary plus bonus
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
- 401(k) Savings Plan plus matching and Employee Share Purchase Plans plus matching
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit