Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy number • PUB406450
We are working closely with a global power company who has assets on the ground in Australia and is looking to establish an office to further develop their renewable energy portfolio. The client is seeking an experience chief financial officer to establish the Australian business and align the companie's global policies, procedures and systems while maintaining compliance with the local laws and regulations. This is an exicting greenfield opportunity with the backing of a well-established player in the energy sector.
About this role
Your main duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Ensure accuracy in General Ledger accounts and prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance framework and upgrade key business controls.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and disclosures, ensuring timely filing for local compliance.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and coordinate responses to Internal Audit.
- Handle tax-related responsibilities, including calculations, compliance, and liaison with tax authorities.
- Manage treasury functions, ensuring compliance with group policies and optimal cash flow planning.
- Oversee corporate finance activities, including funding, debt market issuances, and relationship management.
- Lead project and structured financing activities, coordinating due diligence and negotiating financing terms.
- Manage long-term business planning, annual budgeting, and forecast updates.
- Analyze operating and financial performance against targets, supporting corrective actions.
- Support insurance management, including risk assessment, procurement, and claims management.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration, with a professional qualification (CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA).
- Minimum of 12 years of financial management experience, including 5 years in a similar position.
- Familiarity with Australian corporate and tax laws, local GAAP, and IFRS.
- Experience with market-leading ERP systems and Financial Planning and Consolidation systems.
- Exposure to international companies, multicultural business environments, and knowledge of the power and utility business is preferred.
- Big4 experience in Audit, Tax, and Assurance is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High standards of professional conduct, ethics, and integrity, with a continuous improvement mindset and adaptability to changing environments.
Our client has power assets in 4 continents and is looking to significantly grow their renewables portfolio with 2030 energy targets in mind. This is an opportunity to build something in Australia and leave a legacy behind.
- Be a part of an established gloabel energy company.
- Build your dream team and make your mark on the energy industry in Aus
- Have the excitment of a start up with assets on the ground
- 20% STI on offer
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Minehan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406450