About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Brossard
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Category Specialist, Global Supply Chain
We are currently hiring a Category Specialist, Global Supply Chain for our client, a mid-tier Canadian company that owns and operates gold mines globally.
The Category Specialist, Global Supply Chain negotiates contracts for goods and services for all business units at the lowest total cost. Leading with your strong business acumen you will manage the supplier tracking program, look for new business opportunities, and coordinate testing with sites in addition to coordinating the timing of the implementation of annual contracts.
Contract term: 6 months
Supply contract negotiation and management.
- Negotiate global contracts while maintaining good relationships and managing suppliers.
- Take part in the development of the annual contract negotiation plan.
- Understand business unit needs and choose the best and cost-effective alternative.
- Request quotes, complete analyses, provide recommendations, and write contracts based on approved document models.
- Follow up on non-conformities, rebates, & tests associated with the contracts implemented under their responsibility and communicate back the updates at the site level.
- Mitigate risks when transitioning from previous supplier to new supplier and follow up closely with suppliers and sites during the phase in/phase out.
- Deploy corporate standards at site levels in regard to contract management.
Supplier management program.
- Control and validate price changes in its amenities and create a culture of long-term savings.
- Organize periodic meetings with suppliers to follow up on the contract by choosing to interchange each review with site visits, supplier plant audit visits for key suppliers, in-office, or conference calls.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure that the terms and conditions of the contract are met, and that performance meets customer expectations.
- Produce a monthly report outlining key achievements (negotiated contracts, savings, etc.).
- Track market developments and share information with business units.
- Participate in mining buying groups, forums, conferences & tradeshows on designated product categories.
- Supply standardized reports for each site and for the Annual Budget meeting.
- Continuously search for best practices in the industry and new sources of suppliers in preparation for upcoming bidding processes, and proactively request testing at the site level to mitigate risks where applicable.
- University degree.
- English and French proficiency
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Previous experience in preparing requests for quotation and cost analyses.
- General knowledge of computer systems (Microsoft Suite).
- Excellent knowledge of categories and supply management principles (inventory management, logistics, shipping, transportation, and governmental regulations regarding equipment delivery.)
- Ability to travel (15-20% of the time). The role is based in our Brossard office, with frequent travel to remote national and international sites and to Supplier’s offices).
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary