About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Oakville
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the selling efforts of technical services into their assigned industrial and commercial markets. This is a hands-on position that involves extensive face-to-face interaction with existing customers and, especially, new customer prospects.
- Convert leads into deliverable opportunities.
- Support the branch operations team on new customer acquisition in the assigned region.
- Develop relationships with new/existing customers alongside, manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, and consultants/engineers.
- Seek out opportunities to align with our solutions look for cross selling opportunities.
- Lead sales calls/presentations alongside technical Subject Matter Experts.
- Manage assigned customer needs and issues, look to grow broader, wider, deeper.
- Support the branches as needed in maintaining current customer relationships.
- Represent the company at tradeshows and industry events.
- Full integration with the functional groups (Marketing, Inside Sales, Sales Ops) to support lead development and other special projects/campaigns.
- Support prequalification packages, go no go discussions, RFP process, submission and follow up through award to post project.
- Enter all activities and opportunities into the CRM.
- Through the CRM grow and maintain a healthy pipeline.
- Collaborate with the branch and leadership teams in strategic planning for both the short and long term.
- Regular communication with the branch, regional leadership and senior leadership team on the territory and their efforts to convert business.
- Other tasks as required.
- 3 or more years in a similar role focused on new business acquisition and growth.
- Knowledge of the electrical, utility, industrial and construction industry is required.
- Experience in electrical estimation and project delivery is an asset.
- Strong communicator written and verbal.
- A demonstrated ability to meet and exceed defined KPI’s in a matrix-oriented sales environment.
- A strong hunter mentality who is proactive and eager.
- Proficiency in using a CRM (NetSuite) system as well as Microsoft Office.
- Valid license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Must be able to travel within the state of Texas
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary