About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Location: Karratha
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Vocational School
About this role: Boilermakers - Shutdowns
Are you a talented and skilled Boilermaker looking for an exciting opportunity?
Look no further! We are seeking an exceptional individuals for shutdowns from August - September.
This is a great opportunity to collaborate with a leading company in the Oil & Gas and Mining Industry, dedicated to providing top-notch hydraulic solutions to their clients. With a focus on safety, quality, and innovation, they take pride in delivering exceptional services worldwide.
- Read drawings and take measurements to plan layout and procedures for welding tasks
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on project requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications, including cutting materials with powered saws to match measurements
- Align components using callipers, rulers, and other measuring tools, and clamp pieces secure
- Perform welding using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to identify and address any defects or flaws
- Inspect assembled vessels and individual components to locate any defects and determine necessary repairs
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following drawings and using appropriate tools
- Position, align, and secure structural parts and related assemblies to frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, as per specifications
- Repair or replace defective components and parts, such as safety valves and regulators, using various tools and metalworking machinery
- Keep up-to-date records and documentation related to welding tasks and inspections
- Trade qualification in Engineering (minimum Certificate III)
- White Card
- High Risk Work Licence with Forklift ticket
- Current drivers licence (C class minimum)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, callipers, etc)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Experience in Arc, MIG, or TIG welding of steel members, frames, pressure vessels, structures, or other components
- Experience using hand power tools
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures, particularly when working on vessels, tanks, columns, and related components
- Computer literate with basic skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) such as SAP, Navision, or Ostendo(desirable)
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Camp facilities include a 24/7 gym, several recreational areas, indoor and outdoor dining, BBQ areas, multi-use sports courts, a swimming pool and high-speed internet offering a comfortable experience
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, EAP and corporate discounts
- Weekly Pay - super on all hours worked
- Referral bonuses
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ellyssiah Corica is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth