About this job
- Industry: Food Production & Manufacturing
- Area of expertise:
- Location: Langley
What is required?
- Hours per week: 25
- Education level: Secondary School
About this role: Administrative Bookkeeper
Administrative BookkeeperLangley, BC
We are currently hiring an Administrative Bookkeeper for our client, based in Langley, BC. This role encompasses both administrative and accounting responsibilities, requiring a candidate with a strong ability to manage various tasks independently. Reporting to the CEO, the ideal candidate will possess a keen eye for detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a friendly personality to effectively engage with external stakeholders. This is a part-time, hybrid role.
- Perform general administrative tasks including managing business email, answering main phone lines, and maintaining a positive external-facing presence.
- Utilize QuickBooks online (QBO) and CRM systems to manage financial data, process transactions, and maintain accurate records.
- Handle membership responsibilities, including sending out membership packages and managing membership-related inquiries.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain consistent and accurate accounting records.
- Complete month-end balancing and financial reporting tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with accounts payable functions and support financial reporting processes.
- Dedicate a portion of each day to accounting tasks, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Manage various administrative duties related to the organization, including office supplies, banking transactions, and general accounts.
- Serve as the first point of contact for accounting-related inquiries, managing the accounting email and addressing external queries.
- Support the CEO by performing executive assistant duties, such as scheduling meetings and managing calendars.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in bookkeeping, accounting, executive assistant or administrative roles.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field is an asset.
- Proficiency in using accounting software, especially QuickBooks online (QBO), and CRM systems.
- Familiarity with administrative tasks and office management functions.
- Prior experience with month-end financial balancing and reporting.
- Prior executive assistant experience is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues as needed.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity and discretion when handling sensitive financial information.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa DeRosario is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto