About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- hours per week: 44
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 18 July 2022
About this role: TELECOM ENGINEER
Our Client is responsible for deliveries of EIT system solutions (E-House, Electrical, Instrument & Control and Telecom) to the O&G and Offshore market, serving the yards and ship owners, in the SEA region.
Under direction of Department & working with Project Team, Telecom Engineer is responsible for the detailed engineering for the Telecom Package and ensures that the design is in compliance to the client’s specifications and international standards and codes based on the selected class for the project.
- Systems design engineering of Telecom Systems commonly used in Marine & Oil & Gas sector. Systems included are PA/GA, CCTV, PABX, LAN, IPTV, TVRO, VSAT, Environmental Monitoring, GMDSS Radios, UHF, VHF, RACONS, Radar & Navigation System and all other Telecom Systems commonly used in Offshore Vessels ;
- Prepare RFQ, and Technical Bid Evaluation as when required;
- Prepare Functional Design Specification for Telecom Systems;
- Prepare TQ, MTO, Equipment List and Cable Schedule related to Project;
- Prepare Autocad drawings like Cable Block Diagram, Layout Drawings, Termination Drawings related to Project Design;
- Conversant with international codes and standards like IEC, IEEE, ANSI, NORSOK, DNV, LLYODS & ABS.
- An understanding and working knowledge of the ATEX /IEC Ex Directives, and the installation of electrical equipment in hazardous areas.
- Installation Supervision, Testing & Commissioning of Telecom Systems stated above and commonly used in FPSO and Oil & Gas sector;
- Able to multi-task and work on two or more Projects at the same time;
- Able to liaise with Electrical, Instrument and E-House disciplines for all interface engineering
- Able to attend Client meetings and answer all technical queries related to the Project
- Able to conduct FAT together with Client and Vendor.
- Good Vendor Management Skills;
- Excellent Communication Skills;
- 20% overseas travelling required for visits to yard for Meetings & Commissioning work;
- Any other associated tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in Engineering;
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience in Telecommunication systems for offshore vessels;
- Must have telecom system design engineering experience used in offshore vessels;
- Must have hands-on testing & commissioning experience of telecom systems used in offshore vessels;
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityOur client is among the most competitive Oil and Gas companies worldwide. Build your career as a Telecom Engineer.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shinu Alexander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore