About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Location: Indonesia
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 30 July 2022
About this role: Senior Project Planner
This contractor position will be located initially working in engineering offices near Toronto, Canada and then to the jobsite near Gresik, Indonesia.
Manages and oversees scheduling function within project controls functional area for moderate to high-risk capital engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages planning team members reporting to the Project Controls Manager. Participates in establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project team members. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Guide and direct resolution of project difficulties and complex project control issues. Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations
- Interact with the Project Management team and corporate team in the development of the project schedule and participate in regular project meetings. Gather information, conduct analysis, and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project. Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule.
- Identify, determine, and communicate design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, well documented and ensure the change management process is followed and communicate and suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work.
- Manage project baseline process for schedule and participate in progress measurement as well as forecasting of final schedule throughout the project. Ensure all planning is conducted in accordance with company standards and procedures and that schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend mitigations and potential workarounds
- Participate in risk management; this includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition, determine potential schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
- Mentor and lead other project planner/scheduling members, ensure project planning team is staffed appropriately, conduct regular staff performance reviews, and manage any staffing issues that may arise
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slippages identified in schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and fifteen (15) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling OR
- High School diploma or GED and twenty (20) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls planning and scheduling
- At least Fifteen (15) years’ experience in project planning/scheduling and capable of demonstrating their expertise knowledge of Primavera
- Fluency in English
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of heavy industrial construction
- Ability to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written, including the ability to actively listen and to adapt behavior and communication style based upon the audience
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in following safety practices, and recognizing, controlling and/or eliminating hazards Ability to build trust and credibility with employees/peers and establish common goals and expectations
- Strong analytical skills
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary