About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United States
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Friday, 12 August 2022
About this role: Asset Accountant
We are currently recruiting an Asset Accountant to start as soon as possible to work in Pittsburgh, PA for a 9 month contract assignment within the possibility of extension with a major company that manufactures chemicals and plastic resins.
- Asset Accounting project settlements, asset transfers, asset derecognition, company-wide depreciation runs and allocations, analysis for reasonability of job runs and ad-hoc analysis requests.
- Work closely with the Capital Project team providing both data input and analysis.
- Calculates capitalized interest amounts related to individual projects as well as calculations for budgeting purposes.
- Maintain fixed asset register in accordance with IFRS16.
- Depreciation, Disposal, allocation, valuation, adjustments, reconciliation of Assets.
• Big four accounting firm external audit experience preferred.
• Professional accounting designation (CPA).
• Analytical and problem-solving skills supported by an understanding of accounting, pension accounting, and the application of GAAP and IFRS16.
• Previous accounting and reconciliation experience required.
• Experience with database systems and accounting systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of financial systems - BPC/ SAP’s fixed asset ledger.
• Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities.
• High level proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel required.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Eliza Silva is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston