About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 2 October 2022
About this role: Well Operations Supervisor - Casing Corrosion Prevention
Seeking a Well Operations Supervisor to safely and efficiently manage well and rig site operations in the Surat Basin
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The Well Operations Supervisor’s role is to safely and efficiently manage well and rig site operations to deliver these business objectives in full compliance with relevant legislation and Shell policies.
- Deliver continuous performance improvement by efficient management of site resources and use of best practices in delivery of the well program.
- Ensure the drilling / workover unit and all associated systems are managed and operated within their prescribed envelope.
- Coordinate and communicate with off-site personnel and resources to manage program changes and deliver business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory obligations under the relevant State / Territory Petroleum Act.
- Promote a high degree of HS&E awareness and good HS&E practices to achieve “No harm”, “No leaks” and “Goal Zero”.
- Manage and monitor all health and social aspects on the drilling / workover unit and encourage the enhancement of work environment and personnel welfare.
- Ensure that all activities by site personnel are co-ordinated and in compliance with permit to work and change control procedures.
- Periodically audit effectiveness and implementation of Contractors SMS with regards to Permits, WWI (Written Work Instructions), JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and Environmental compliance.
- Monitor crew fatigue and safety in the working environment
- Ensure compliance to drilling policy and advise of any potential deviations that are foreseen.
- Drilling / workover / intervention experience at a supervisory level is an advantage
- Coiled Tubing and Wireline experience preferred
- Previously passed a Shel Wells Trade Test or previous work experience with Shell an advantage
- IWCF Supervisory Level Mandatory
- Strong leadership skills and integrity
- Working knowledge of EDM well engineering software packages or an equivalent system
- Artificial Lift
- Experience with CDG Drilling, workover or abandonment operations
- Surat Basin based role
- 2 on 2 off or 3 on 3 off roster available
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane