About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Trade
- Location: South Jordan
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, 11 July 2023
About this role: Visitor Center Shuttle Bus Driver
Brunel is currently searching for a Tour Guide/Shuttle Driver for the Visitor Center at the Rio Tinto Kennecott’s Mine located Southwest of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Back by popular demand and ready for tours, the Kennecott Visitor Center is looking for experienced drivers to Guide folks throughout the mine property. These positions are open to candidates who possess a CDL with a Passenger Endorsement. If you are retired, in school, looking for a second job, or simply seeking a full-time driving career close to home, this is a perfect job for you!
Join Rio Tinto Kennecott for the season of the Visitor Experience at Bingham Canyon Mine. Help guide visitors through the mine with the history of this amazing mine and show first-hand the gigantic scale of its operation, vehicles, and artifacts.
As a Kennecott Shuttle Driver, you will be responsible to safely and promptly transfer passengers to and from specific locations within the mine on a 36-passenger bus.
The Visitor Experience is open 8:30am to 3:00pm, 7 days a week. Shuttles run every 30 minutes. The last shuttle departs at 3:00pm and returns by 4:30pm. The Visitor Center closes in October, but the mine operates 365 days per year. This is a full-time position (5 days a week).
- GREAT communication and people skills for interaction with visitors
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Current CDL B or CDL A with Passenger endorsement
- Clean driving record (no more than one violation in the past 3 years)
- Ability to pass a DOT medical exam and pre-employment drug screening
- Must pass a background check
- Minimum of 1 year of commercial driving experience required (i.e. taxi, bus, shuttle, commercial truck, box van, etc.)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be able to read, write and speak English with the ability to follow precise instructions
- Must possess exceptionally safe driving habits
- Willingness to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Desire to work with a team to achieve one goal
- $20.00 per hour
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits. A minimum of 30 hours required for full-time status. Benefits include medical, dental and vision that will begin on your first day of employment. LTD/STD begin after 90 days. Plus 10 days paid time off!
- All employees are eligible for 401K match of 50% up to 3%.
- Sign-on Bonus up to $250 – paid after 90 days of consecutive employment.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Rio Tinto Kennecott’s Bingham Canyon Mine is one of the largest man-made open-pit excavations in the world. The operation is so immense, it can be seen from space. With over 20 million tons of refined copper ore produced in the past 116 years, it’s one of the top performing mines in the world and has provided more wealth for the state of Utah than any other company.
Join the team today!
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston