Superintendent, Health and Hygiene
Vacancy number • PUB406572
About this role
- Be the primary H&H interface with operation readiness, site teams, hse teams
- Manage and execute improvement work that requires technical H&H related expertise across various functions, site teams, and contractors.
- Leverage deep subject matter expertise, knowledge of the business, technology, and advanced analytical capabilities to report H&H performance, identify opportunities for improvement and identify emerging H&H issues within construction onsite.
- Ensure site compliance to the various company H&H protocols including the Companies Health Requirements and associated legislation.
- Ensure occupational exposure management including associated contractor management.
- Govern the development and enhancements of H&H procedures and training.
- Provide technical expertise in Fitness for Work, Fatigue Management, and Drug and Alcohol processes, including the development of suitable duties plans and associated documents.
- Manage the health and hygiene data management system (Cority) to ensure quality of exposure monitoring data and accurate reporting of results to stakeholders.
- Coordinate critical rhythms and routines that ensure an effective and efficient deployment of H&H initiatives and delivery against KPIs.
- Participate in routines to provide technical assurance over the delivery of standards relevant to H&H across the site
- Conduct benchmarking with industry peers and represent the company externally in forums requiring deep subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and/or Industrial Hygiene discipline
- Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in Health and Safety principles and behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in a construction, mining operational or functional heavy industry role with successful leadership of multi-disciplinary teams and joint ventures• Working knowledge of engineering, contracts & procurement, construction, commissioning, project controls, & community and risk multi-discipline workflows and interactions for large capital projects
- Experience challenging priorities and plans to validate they are focused on what matters most
- Ability to conduct benchmarking with industry peers and represent BHP externally in forums requiring deep subject matter expertise
- High attention to detail, motivation, and commitment to quality outcomes
- Experience managing change initiatives
- Ability to operate effectively and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment utilizing solution-based methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including functional managers and discipline leads on the project, clients, outside vendors and contractors
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cherie Taylor quoting publication number: PUB406572