About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 16 October 2022
About this role: Structural Engineer
We are currently hiring a Structural Engineer for our energy client. The Structural Engineer will be responsible for producing structural designs and overseeing the production of structural documents, quality control, shop drawing review and field investigations. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
This position will work on site in Campbell River for a near continuous period until January 2023 (i.e.,3 weeks out of 4). The ability to work remotely will increase gradually after startup construction has been completed.
- Review the development of the engineering work packages (EWPs) for all deliverables and time-based functions with technology provider. Review and analyze project requirements to establish tasks and subtasks and project timelines.
- Structural engineering services including producing structural designs and overseeing the production of structural documents, quality control, shop drawing review and field investigations.
- Conducts review of the architectural, electrical, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Collaboration with team members, clients and other professional consultants.
- Execute structural engineering activities with the objective of meeting scope, codes, standards, and company procedures.
- Perform calculations and develop material takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Stamp and issue drawings.
- Carry out technical evaluations and vendor documentation review.
- Communicate with vendors and contractors as required.
- Write detailed engineering reports, studies, and briefs.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower costs, improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- 5+ years of structural engineering experience.
- Currently Licensed in British Columbia.
- Structural design experience for light framed buildings (i.e. residential, light commercial).
- Familiarity with cold formed steel coil grading (eg ASTM 653/653M).
- Previous engineering and physical prototyping experience of light-gauge roll-form steel framing is considered an asset.
- Design experience using Vertex BD light-gauge steel engineering design software or similar is considered an asset.
- 3D CAD modeling experience is considered an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows based computer environment and applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications and GCODE CNC programming language is preferred but not required.
- Licensed in a second province (i.e. Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba) is considered an asset.
- Must be accustomed to working in an innovative environment and is able to change direction quickly.
- Training to be provided to the right candidate
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto