About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 8 October 2022
About this role: Sr Wellsite Geologist
On behalf of our client, one of the world’s great energy production corporations, Brunel are currently seeking for a Sr Wellsite Geologist to manage all geological aspects of activities carried out at the wellsite at the order of the Lead Development Geologist – Well Planning.This role will ensure best-practice target evaluation and geological data collection on rig site and will regularly communicate drilling progress and provide geological interpretation of wellsite activities to the Senior Operations Geologist – Well Planning & Operations.
- Assist in the supervision of Mudlogging and LWD services and personnel onboard the Maersk Deliverer.
- Assist in Well planning and associated operational preparation for Phase 2a of the Ichthys Field development drilling campaign.
- Instruct and supervise all geological operations at wellsite, including mudlogging, DD/LWD/MWD, Electric Wireline Logging, BH Fluid sampling, and coring operations.
- Examine and describe cuttings while drilling on the provided format and report on a basis required
- Monitor and provide quality assurance and quality control of all third-party contractors related to wireline, DD/LWD/MWD and Surface Data Logging activities.
- Recommend modifications and/or additions to logging programs and operations in coordination with the Lead Development Geologist – Well Planning & Operations and the Senior Drilling Supervisor (SDSV).
- Monitor and observe drilling parameters and geological information while drilling and report to drilling supervisor as required.
- Correlate geological data with offset wells and identify target formations, horizons, and total depths for well sections using a combination of drill cuttings, LWD petrophysical logs and mudlogging data.
- Ensure all gas detection and mudlogging equipment is calibrated and working correctly and recording all hydrocarbon shows.
- Assist in ensuring that required workshop / on site calibrations have been performed for all logging tools prior being run in hole.
- Ensure correct transmittal, copying, packaging and distribution of all geological data from wireline logs, LWD logs, mud logs, cuttings, core, and fluid samples
- Safety and hazard identification / pore pressure and fracture gradient analysis, monitoring, and prediction during drilling operations.
- Evaluate all indications of over-pressured zones and make suitable operational recommendations.
- Daily completion and correspondence of geological reporting and operations reports which summarizes last 24 hr drilling activities, relevant cutting descriptions, gas or oil shows, mud data and provisional formation tops with comparison of prognosed to actual depths.
- Assist in mentoring graduate and company trainee wellsite geologists.
- Ensure after completion of the well that all mud logs and lithology logs are completed and that all samples are properly packaged and dispatched.
- Assistance in ensuring full distribution of all statutory data to government agencies and JVP as required. QC of all daily and end of well data deliverables.
- Contribution to all post-well evaluation and preparation of well completion reports, including compilation of Basic Data Report which consists of third-party raw data.
- Contribution to lessons learned, continual improvement of third-party services quality plans and KPI’s.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in the Client/Company safety performance program.
- Contribution and input of relevant geological data and lessons learned into R-Web, Wellsite Geology Manual and associated Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute, review, and understand the company Drilling and Formation Evaluation Program’s prior to drilling.
- Assist and review Ichthys Field’s Pore Pressure and Geomechanical Modelling.
- Tertiary Degree in Science or Engineering (B.Sc / B.Eng)
- Minimum 10years Wellsite/Operations Geology Experience
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, with an emphasis on reporting objectives and key findings.
- Experience in wellbore surveying methods, accuracy competence, survey requirements and collisionavoidance.
- Well-developed skills in team and people management, confident leader, and mentor.
- Ability to form and retain excellent working relationships with colleagues and service company personnel in high energy working environments.
- Working knowledge of petrophysics and real-time log analysis, interpretation and well correlation.
- 12 months contract opportunity (initially)
- Perth based role transitioning to 3:3 rotation for drilling campaign
- Competitive rates
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth