About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 2 October 2023
About this role: Sr. Project Engineer
- Responsible for the planning, engineering, procurement, management, and reporting of various projects per COMPANY Project Management System while adhering to Safety, Health and Environment (SHE), Quality, Cost, Schedule, Business Controls and regulatory-bodies requirements related to Offshore and Onshore facilities.
- Provide interface between multi-Project Management Teams, and EP&S department.
- Engage across PMTs, Operations support, Supply Team and SMEs including Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Pipeline, Instrumentations, and Civil and maintaining constructive and positive working relationship with PMT to ensure delivery of Engineering per plan and in accordance with project requirements.
- Frequently engage with project engineers of various ongoing Major projects for updates on deliverables, progress, issues & risks, lesson learn etc.
- Facilitate/Participate in project reviews as per COMPANY requirement during relevant project phases.
- Works effectively within established procedures, or creates and endorses new procedures as necessary to further develop the COMPANY Project Management System and philosophy.
- Works in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
- Coordinate with PMTs, Operations support, Supply Team and SMEs including Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Pipeline, Instrumentations, and Civil.
- To ensure compliance with Company requirements, standards, specifications and instructions.
- Verify the progress and delivery of the engineering sections of the work scope
- Facilitate/Participate and contribute in various Project Reviews.
- Ensures overall compliance with Projects Execution Plans, specifications, and procedures by promoting effective communication and teamworking together with best practice sharing to improve operational efficiencies.
- Participate in technical bid evaluations of tender packages by reviewing and endorsing, pre-qualifications, evaluation and award of contracts and monitoring the performance of incumbents to ensure effective service is being provided as per contractual agreement as required.
- Participate and contribute to project workshops related to Execution such as, Complexity, Contracting Strategy, CDRA and HAZID, HAZOP, LL, VE etc., ensuring timely resolution to problems and challenges through best practices, industry standards and knowledge gained from personal experience.
- Support PMT in development of various project deliverables and verify progress.
- Track and maintain status of various projects and review, contribute to project documents as requested and prepare Technical Presentation for Meeting as per EP&S Department requirement.
- Tracking and reporting of lessons learned in defined area of responsibility.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Any discipline
- 10+ years of experience in discipline with at least five years demonstrated Senior Project Engineering experience in major capital projects
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural background
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.
- Technical skills required to successfully perform the role.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Sept 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha