About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 31 March 2023
About this role: Sr Mechanical Engineer -J-IC
On behalf of our client, one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, we are currently looking for a Sr Mechanical Engineer.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the onshore brownfield Barrow Island delivery team through the execution phase of the Jansz-Io Compression (J-IC) project, including detailed design through start-up.
- Providing mechanical design engineering support with a primary focus on all onshore mechanical design engineering scope of Jansz-Io Subsea Compression project.
- Working closely with Package Leads and interfacing with other disciplines to ensure design quality and successful outcomes.
- Ensuring that mechanical designs for J-IC BWI onshore facilities meet BU specifications and applicable Codes/Standards.
- Committing to and championing the development and implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project and the continuing establishment of an incident and injury-free culture.
- Liaising with other discipline engineers, site-based maintenance/operation team, J-IC project, and operation support team, QHSE, Logistics, QA/QC, Construction, contracts, etc., for day-to-day issues and support.
- Reporting technical issues, options, and suggested resolutions to any engineering issues and vendor-related issues to the J-IC BWI Design Lead.
- Providing Mechanical SME support on complex fixed equipment, Piping, Pipe stress, and flange calculations issues to engineering contractor, construction, and system completion teams.
- Ensuring HFE and SID requirements are understood by the vendor, considered, and implemented into the vendor package.
- Minimum 15 years of working experience with Oil & Gas, or similar industry, required.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Previous brownfield and high voltage distribution system engineering and design is essential.
- A strong working knowledge of the related engineering disciplines such as electrical, civil/structural, and instrumentation is beneficial.
- Experience in design and operational support of substations HVAC, Hydraulic System, Pumps and Compressor systems and piping associated with LNG production facilities.
- Construction engineering and commissioning experience during installation and commissioning phases.
- Highly skilled knowledge and application of post-construction fixed equipment issues, analysis, solutions, and problem-solving. Proven ability to team with operations and maintenance personnel in challenging situations.
- Strong fixed equipment technical acumen and analysis skills.
- Competitive daily rate
- Flexible work arrangement
- Long Term contract
- Perth based
- J-IC Project
- Work with a leading Oil & Gas operator
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth