About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Medical devices
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Plymouth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 October 2022
About this role: Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Operations
Our client is a leader in advanced medical device outsourcing (MDO) and serves its customers by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions with its unparalleled expertise in innovation and manufacturing. The company vision is to enhance the lives of patients worldwide by being its customer's partner of choice for innovative medical technologies and services.
The primary purpose of this job is to lead the Supply organization and initiatives at the plant level to drive efficiencies and cost reduction targets. Role includes leading the Supply Chain Associates performing production planning process and purchasing to ensure on time delivery and customer satisfaction. Role manages key contributors in scheduling, purchasing and plant materials management and logistics.Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to company Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
2. Responsible for driving the execution of Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning. Plans and monitors preparation of master schedules, production schedules, coordinating the sales and operations planning effort in the facility and, when needed, initiates the necessary steps to maintain conformity with schedules.
3. Leads Lean material flow and inventory management initiatives in a proactive manner. Establishes production schedules, and devises methods and SOPs to achieve effective and efficient movement of materials and finished goods while maintaining minimum inventory investment.
4. Responsible for Plan for Every Part (PFEP) strategy and implementation. Duties include monthly and quarterly material analysis to align Kanban Material System with the Production Plans., EOL and Stranger Model material analysis, market standardization and responds to material gate calls to contain outages and root cause. Ensures Planning Associates maintain Item Master Data accuracy in Oracle ERP to support the Kanban workbench or MRP planning processes in Oracle.
5. Responsible for the Purchasing execution process at the site. Ensures the site and site Buyers are following company Purchasing polices with respect to purchase order approval and maintenance. Ensures Buyers work with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice discrepancies.
6. Ensures Enterprise Supplier Management (SMP) processes are followed at the site and tie to site level procedures.
7. Leads site linkage to the Enterprise Supply Chain for Supplier and Supply Chain escalations, Commodity Strategy, Contracts, cost savings, savings tracker, Supply Chain Excellence and harmonized company supply chain strategies.
8. Acts as the liaison between operations and customer service to ensure orders are accurate and on-time delivery is met.
9. Collaborates with Enterprise Supply to identify, analyze, and resolve potential supply chain gaps or changes that may impact customer demands.
10. Effectively manage direct reports and extended reporting structure to drive on time completion of goals, and long-term development of Associate potential.
11. Performs other functions as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business or a technical discipline. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
10+ years of experience, with 2+ years management experience in Supply Chain.
APICS certification. Lean Manufacturing knowledge including value stream mapping, pull systems, problem solving and 5S.
Knowledge of medical device manufacturing and lean materials management also required.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to lead team activities.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Strong computer and presentation skills.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Max Schumacher is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Minneapolis