Vacancy number • PUB406657
Brunel is currently searching for a Site Manager for direct hire for one of our global clients at their chemical manufacturing plant located in rural Kentucky.
As the Site Manager for this small chemical production plant, you will be accountable to plan, lead and manage the efficient manufacturing at this site and the achievement of zero harm. Your efforts will deliver results on plant and corporate goals and objectives as well as foster and live corporate values and ensure that business is operated within compliance of all state and federal laws and regulations.
About this role
- Provide passionate leadership and direction in the achievement of Zero Harm.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Lead and develop a workforce (including a leadership staff) to meet and/or exceed organizational objectives.
- Champion a culture of engagement and open communication.
- Direct and coordinate operations resources to ensure customer demands are met.
- Develop and manage a site-specific budget to include controlling the sites expenditure and assets to achieve financial targets.
- Align manufacturing strategies such as cost reductions, productivity improvements, organizational development, and safety performance to meet corporate business strategies.
- Develop, Maintain, and Improve site metrics and processes using LEAN methodologies as well as other progressive manufacturing techniques.
- Champion the development and implementation of organizational and manufacturing efficiency improvements.
- Participate (with Product Development and Engineering) in the development of new products and/or production processes.
- Actively participate as a member of the IS Leadership Team in understanding and solving organizational issues, looking at and capturing opportunity for business growth, and working toward a harmonious management of the IS Business.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives through active participation, including identification of efficiency and quality improvements in work processes and problem solving.
- Financial acumen around capital budget, capital expenditure, and P & L.
- Quality assurance, quality control experience.
- Process safety management experience.
- Identify areas for performance improvement based on P & L as well as site and customer profitability.
- Bachelor degree in an engineering related field is required - Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years combined in one or more of the following industries: energetic materials, chemical refining, or technical manufacturing.
- 5+ years in a management or leadership capacity in chemicals, manufacturing, or similar industry.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Experience with environmental laws and regulations and able to interact and discuss issues with regulatory compliance officials.
- Experience working around or knowledge of PETN is preferred.
- Ability to provide direction and coaching to others in an effective leadership manner.
- Must be able to be on call to assist with emergency plant matters as needed.
- Ability to travel ~10%.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Paid vacation time + 12 paid holidays + PTO days.
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available.
- Matching 401K.
- Generous tuition reimbursement program.
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Friendly and supportive coworkers.
Our client is a global manufacturer in the chemical industry.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Cindy King quoting publication number: PUB406657