About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Trade
- Location: Pilbara
What is required?
- hours per week: 84
- Education level: Vocational School
- Closing date: Tuesday, 19 December 2023
About this role: Signal Technician
Are you a skilled electrician with a passion for maintaining and optimizing railway signalling systems?
We are searching for a proficient Signal Technician to join our team. As a Signal Technician, you will play a vital role in ensuring the safety and efficiency of the rail signalling network located in Port Hedland. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of signalling systems, collaborating with a dedicated team and covering the entire signalling network.
We offer competitive compensation, based on your experience level. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a 2:2 roster, allowing for a balanced work-life schedule.
This position provides stability and growth prospects within one of Australia's top iron ore producers.
- Proficiently install, inspect, and maintain rail signalling systems in adherence to industry standards and safety regulations
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in signalling systems promptly to minimize downtime and disruptions in rail operations
- Carry out planned maintenance and inspections of relevant signalling equipment to heavy haul network
- Provide signal support with track maintenance activities
- Collaborate with maintenance teams to identify and address track faults, ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the rail network
- Adhere to strict safety protocols and guidelines, maintaining a safe work environment, conducting pre-operation inspections, reporting any machine defects or issues, and using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Certificate IV in Rail Signalling
- WA Electrical Licence
- Manual C-Class Drivers License
- CPR/LVR (preferred)
- First Aid (preferred)
- Experience in Rail Signalling
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to all safety and system procedures
Our client is one of the leading Iron Ore producers in Australia. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate, ingenuity, hard work, and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- Potential for permanency with one of Australia's top 3 iron ore producers
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Conveniently located in the town of Port Hedland, providing easy access to the work site
- Camp facilities include a pool, gym, and a fantastic wet mess, offering a comfortable experience
- Rolling roster, providing a stable and predictable work schedule
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated leasing, EAP, corporate discounts and a Refer a Friend bonus
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ellyssiah Corica is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth