About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Technical
- Location: Chandler
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 October 2022
About this role: Senior Project Scheduler
Brunel is currently searching for a Senior Project Scheduler for direct hire with our mining client located in Chandler, Arizona. This positions requires a minimum of 2 days in the office.
As a Project Scheduler you will be responsible for creating mine development and construction schedules to be included in projects ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed schedules suitable for detailed design and construction based on using the latest available scheduling methodology. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining schedules for construction and design projects that are critical for project cost control.
Schedules will be in a format suitable for use by the client, Project Manager, and project team. The Scheduler reports to the Project Controls Manager, but on a day-to-day basis works in collaboration with Project Managers and project teams.
- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines/functions. Identifies restraints and effect on total project schedule.
- Coordinates with all departments to ensure understanding of total project schedule needs.
- Responsible for total integration of schedule activities.
- Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or functional restraints and interfaces.
- Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance of the total project using Critical Path Methodology (CPM) standards.
- Conducts project schedule analysis and identifies problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Responsible for leading, when requested, the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Interface with the client and project team to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for estimating prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Prepare and issue proposal and preliminary schedules.
- Incorporate resource and/or cost loading data into P6 schedules as required.
- Consult the appropriate project team members and estimating procedures as a means of ensuring that proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work.
- Assist Project Managers in creating short-term schedules, monitor such schedules to determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating actions to correct scheduling problems.
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule.
- Create detailed schedules with input from various disciplines involved in a study or design project that will be included with the project deliverables.
- Identify scheduling software training needs among employees and provide training when necessary; remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Proactively maintain construction schedules and consequential future project development in a complex dynamically changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred in Engineering, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in developing baseline schedules, maintaining progress schedules, and coordinating detailed schedules using Oracle Primavera P6 using CPM scheduling standards.
- Practical underground mine development and construction experience is a plus.
- Sound knowledge of scheduling systems, principles, and practices required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project is required.
- Working knowledge of business software using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with estimating, procurement, and/or cost engineering is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal / written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple assignments and quickly adapt to new priorities.
- Ability to travel as required for project assignments. Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Valid driver’s license is required
- $75-100K base, overtime eligible
- Multiple comprehensive health plans to choose from, Dental packages and Vision package
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Wellness Program
- Up to 4% 401K match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Relocation assistance is not available at this time
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston