About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Miami
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Sunday, 5 November 2023
About this role: Senior Process Control Engineer
Brunel is currently searching for a Sr. Process Control Engineer for direct hire with our client at their mine site located in Miami, Arizona.
This position will provide Process Control design services from conceptual design through final installation on an active open-pit mine site to control crushing, milling, flotation and filtering.
- Develop Programmable Logic Controller and Human Machine Interface programs to control crushing, milling, flotation and filtering.
- Drive alignment between process and code development.
- Develop automated tools to help improve quality/productivity.
- Advises on how equipment modules should be broken up and controlled based on equipment / process operation.
- Assist network services in the installation and configuration of plant networks, wireless systems and firewalls as they pertain to concentrator process functions.
- Interface with and provide technical guidance to Control Room Technicians.
- Provide cost estimates and project schedules for capital and expense projects.
- Educate and positively influence and sustain culture to ensure a safe, sustainable and disciplined work approach consistent with all company values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mining, Metallurgical, Chemical or Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years in the design and safe installation of heavy industrial control systems, preferably in the mining industry.
- Strong knowledge of Allen Bradley, GE, Wonderware, Wonderware Historian.
- Professional computer skills, including industrial control systems, PLC and HMI programming, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to set total system architecture based on technology and process requirements.
- Ability to develop advanced control algorithms when needed and recognizes the need for them vs conventional approaches.
- Ability to develop guidelines on technical implementation in accordance with industry standards and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Arizona Driver's License.
Our client offers a competitive overall Total Rewards package to include Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire), 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, relocation assistance and more.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Our client is an active mine site producing over 4 billion pounds of copper.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit