About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Master
- Closing date: Wednesday, 22 March 2023
About this role: Senior Planner
On behalf of our client, a world leading integrated energy company, we are currently seeking for a Senior Planner to work on the Jansz Io Compression Project (J-IC).
This role will play a critical role in ensuring the project meets or exceeds its goals for schedule, productivity, and progress. You will be responsible for driving and reinforcing accountability among project team members and EPC suppliers, advising and guiding the team in planning, scheduling, and progress activities, and developing and implementing project planning, scheduling, and progress procedures, processes, and standards.
- Drive and reinforce schedule, productivity and progress accountability to all project team members and EPC suppliers.
- Advises/guides team in planning, scheduling, productivity and progress activities to ensure the project meets or exceeds the end of Phase requirement
- Articulates scheduling, planning, productivity and progress issues; proposes preventative or mitigation measures
- Develops, administers and implements project planning, scheduling, productivity and progress procedures, processes and standards including Contractor expectations and specification
- Collaborates with Cost Control to develop and implement Work (WBS) & Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS)
- Coordinates benchmarking, incorporation of lessons learned & establishes schedule Competitive Performance target
- Identifies scheduling, planning, productivity and progress strategies and requirements for projects considering contracting strategy and work location
- Responsible for the development, review and maintenance of the project’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Reviews, validates & challenges contractors schedules, productivity & progress prior to their integration into the IMS\
- Identifies and undertakes risk and opportunity-based Schedule Scenario Analysi
- Independently identifies and works with interfaces and stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
- Assesses schedule impact for Management of Change requests for nominated work scopes in line with change management procedures
- Works with Cost Control on progress and resource reporting, monitoring and analysis
- Focal point during Peer Reviews, Peer Assists, Schedule Assurance, Project Risk and Scenario/Execution Planning
- Develops Schedule Plan and Basis of Schedule and the planning, scheduling, productivity & progress section of PE
- Develops schedule in standard software (e.g., Primavera)
- Develops the Schedule Planning & Development Guidelines (planning tasks, durations, logic, rules of credit & resourcing)
- Establishes comparators to reference projects
- Generates schedule reports including variance and trending for review by the Project Leadership Team (PLT)
- Responsible for managing staff development and training for the Planning & Scheduling Team
- Provides mentoring supporting to less experience’s members if the Planning & Scheduling Team
- Relevant degree qualified
- Extensive experience in the oil & gas industry
- Demonstrated planning and reporting software experience
- Advanced experience with Power BI preferable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and ability to deal with conflicting deadlines
- Mentoring experience necessary
- Based in Perth CBD
- Long Term Project: March 2023 - January 2026.
- Work with a significant energy project with a leading integrated energy company
- Flexible arrangements
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth