Senior Mine Tech Communication Advisor
Vacancy number • PUB406560
You will understand communication networking in the following areas: designing/optimising sites for capacity and coverage and selecting new colocation sites, designing/optimising existing sites for new frequencies, experience with performing wireless surveys and using network monitoring tools for analysis. This is a 24-month contract opportunity with FIFO benefits and offering competitive salary + site allowance – 21 days on/ 14 days off roster with 12-hour days. Commencement date is as soon as possible.
About this role
- Monitor the communication system performance and integrity of the communication infrastructure actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Experience in Modular systems in Underground Mine
- Analyse equipment failure trends and recommend replacement equipment and components.
- Monitor signal strengths of wireless communications used throughout the Active mining areas.
- Provide support to onboard maintenance teams in relation to onboard communication hardware faults.
- Conduct PM inspections of the trailer and tower infrastructure used for communications throughout the Active mining areas.
- Relocation of communication trailers as required to ensure radio coverage across all mining areas.
- Respond to and complete incidents and requests logged through ServiceNow application.
- Maintain the integrity of fleet map including Tetra database utilised for the Tetra Digital two-way system.
- Support project work as required which is defined by onsite project communication supervisors.
- Provide On-Call support for network and communications problem resolution and remediation.
- Provide feedback on resolution of faults and status of systems.
- Technical input in assisting with system planning for Mine communication infrastructure
- Cert IV in communications or electrical trade as a minimum.
- Modular HP GPS experience in the open pit
- Standard dispatch fleet management systems experience
- Setting up the equipment for Remote control bogging & fibrecables
- Working at Heights and Elevated Work Platform certification.
- Open pit and underground communications/ electrical experience
- At least 5 years working or training in an electrical/electronic/communication role.
- Experience working with Cisco wireless networks, Minestar fleet management systems and Tetra digital two-way radio systems.
- Previous LTE experience is highly desirable.
- Proficient level of computer skills.
- Experience of fault finding on systems/networks.
- Commitment to safety, quality and teamwork.
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware components, including the exchange of installed components and repair of cable terminations.
- Ability to read and follow schematic drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Perform physical maintenance to mining systems hardware and communications infrastructure
- 24 months Contract. This role will initially be offered on a contract basis before being considered for either permanent conversion or contract extension.
- FIFO Opportunity
- Ensuite style accommodation/ good security onsite/ Gym/ full medical facilities onsite
- Attractive Daily rate on offer
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Wilfred Kochannek quoting publication number: PUB406560