About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Sudbury
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, 4 July 2023
About this role: Senior Mechanical Designer
Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Designer in Sudbury, ON. Under the supervision of the Mechanical Design Supervisor, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the development of new and innovative products to solve problems faced by customers. Including, but not limited to, customer visits, problem definition, concept development, cross functional reviews, component selection and detailed design, system prototyping and validation, production design release, manufacturing support, and support of field personnel.
- Development of new and innovative products to solve problems faced by our customers. Including, but not limited to; customer visits, problem definition, concept development, cross functional reviews, component selection and detailed design, system prototyping and validation, production design release, manufacturing support, and support of field personnel.
- Utilize computer-aided design (SolidWorks) software to create 3D drawings and schematics of parts, assemblies, and technical renderings.
- Create detailed drawings to capture, process, dimensions, inspection and other pertinent engineering information utilizing knowledge of engineering principles and applicable design standards and EHS regulations.
- Develop drawings from notes, sketches, existing drawings, design concepts, verbal instruction and/or engineering specifications.
- Document updates to designs and ensure that any changes are recorded and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures.
- Providing continuous support to production team during the assembly phase of capital equipment builds
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 or more years with design of underground hard rock equipment.
- Fully competent with 3D CAD design, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experienced in weldment design and stress analysis.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes (in particular welding and machining).
- Understanding of Bill of Materials and MRP systems/ ECN / NCR.
- Experienced with Microsoft office software and ERP systems.
- Experienced with project management methodologies and software.
- High-level of initiative with ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
- Knowledgeable in fluid mechanics and electrics.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto