About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Englewood
What is required?
- hours per week: 50
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 20 June 2023
About this role: Senior Hydrologic Engineer
Brunel has an exciting direct opportunity for a Senior Hydrologic Engineerwith our client providing engineering and consulting services to the mining industry with a significant amount of work being civil and geotechnical engineering. This position is located in Denver, CO.
As a Senior Hydrologic Engineer, the primary responsibility is to assist with completion of various large scale mining project elements. The immediate need is support for on-going Dam Breach Analyses for tailings storage facilities and other water retaining impoundments.
This position is 3 days in office, 2 days’ work-from-home. Travel expected is 30%. Mainly domestic travel but could have some international travel.
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, dam breach analysis modeling, report writing, interfacing with clients, and performing occasional field inspections in support of design
- Understand how to utilize Hydrometeorological Reports (HMR) to prorate storm events
- Be familiar with accessing and utilizing USGS stream gauge data
- Be familiar with prorating design storms outside of North America
- Be able to utilize HEC-HMS or other software to create a hydrologic model (i.e., to delineate catchments, input CN layers, Manning’s coefficient, define streamflow, input design storm events (prorated), and generate streamflow hydrographs)
- Work towards building a water resources group, which includes work such as water balance modeling, climate and design storm analyses, spillway design, stormwater management design, etc.
- Industry experience in Engineering & Environmental Consulting – Mining Industry
- Education: BS in Civil Engineering or another appropriate field. MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a consulting and design environment
- Registered Professional Engineer highly desired
- Proficient skills with HEC-HMS, dam breach / river modelling software (FLO-2D, HEC-RAS, RiverFlow2D, etc.) and advanced skills with Microsoft Office products required. Experience with GoldSim software desired.
- Intermediate knowledge on generating a water balance for large scale mine sites - preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to interface professionally with personnel and clients and the willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time and extended hours working on a computer.
- Field assignments are located in a variety of climactic conditions and may require standing, squatting, bending and lifting up to 30 pounds over prolonged periods of time.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityOur client provides engineering and consulting services to the mining industry with a significant amount of work being civil and geotechnical engineering.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston