Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Vacancy number • PUB406608
Are you a seasoned Health & Safety professional looking to make a meaningful impact in the renewable energy sector? Our client, a global leader in clean energy solutions are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join their team on their exciting project in Gladstone QLD
About this role
Based in Gladstone QLD the focus of this role will be to offer support, advice and mentoring throughout all phases of this exciting Hydrogen Project.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, you will be instrumental in monitoring and assisting with implementation of the clients Health and Safety Management System, while providing specialist H&S advice, and influence positive safety behaviors throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Influencing positive safety interactions and driving practical outcomes whilst ensuring industry best practice is applied.
- Provide mentorship and Safety Leadership through positive engagement with the client and Contractor Management Teams across the Project;
- Collaborate with Contractors Management Team to ensure alignment with the clients Health and Safety Management System, current legislation and best practice;
- Assist with conducting incident investigations at the site level, completion of incident / investigation.
- Assist with the development of Team Based Risk Assessments and Critical Risk Assessment Workshops for the scope of work you are responsible for;
- Assist the team and Contractor Management team in their accountability to implement, monitoring and reviewing of the site Safety Management system, whilst driving H&S initiatives;
- Reinforcing the clients commitment to preventing injuries, illnesses, and damage to property;
- Extensive experience in construction, processing or mining operations
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety (or equivalent);
- Lead Investigator (ICAM)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment or similar
- Lead or internal Auditor certificate
- Cert IV Leadership and Management or similar
- Experience in contractor management
- Experience in Risk Management
- Gladstone QLD based role
- Monday - Friday roster
- 12 contract with potential to extend
- Amazing opportunity to work on a Hydrogen/renewables project
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Darren Leavey quoting publication number: PUB406608