About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: St. John's
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 16 October 2022
About this role: Senior Financial Analyst
Brunel is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for our Oil and Gas Client in St. John's, NL.
This position will be an integral part of the Finance Team supporting continuous improvement on existing accounting processes.
- Month end accruals, journal entries, reporting and variance analysis
- Ensuring SOX controls are in place, reviewed and approved
- Working with the business to prepare quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Preparing Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Supporting cash management/reconciliation processes for the Region
- Ad hoc support to Finance related projects
- Other duties as assigned
This position will manage base activities and be responsible for some key projects to further enhance the accounting in the Atlantic Region. These projects are technical in nature and require strong accounting skills combined with a solid understanding of the General Ledger.
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent with a CPA designation
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical accounting skills and financial acumen
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and meet strict and occasionally moving deadlines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and team skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary