About this job
- Market: Services
- Branch: Finance
- Area of Expertise: Financial Administration
- Location: Safat
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 7 April 2023
About this role: Senior Advisor – Accounting
Our Client one of the leading Financial domain is currently looking for the position of Senior Advisor - (Accounting Advisory Department) for Kuwait. Candidate should be available in Kuwait with valid transferable visa and available to join on Short Notice.
Policies & Procedures
- Implement the approved policies & processes of the Accounting Advisory Services Department and comply with the Company’s other policies throughout all daily activities.
Accounting Advisory Operations
- Handle & maintain a portfolio of 15-25 clients and supervise an internal team of up to three employees (including two Advisors and one Associate Advisor) while serving as the main point of contact between assigned clients and co;
- Conduct meetings with Co.'s clients on a continuous basis and as required to obtain information regarding the clients’ business requirements, nature of services requested as well as to collect initial requirements from the clients to kick-off the project;
- Plan, schedule and organize work of the Advisors and Associate Advisors to complete tasks within designated timelines while balancing multiple priorities;
- Apply learning from one client engagement to the next and share learning with fellow team members in a continuous basis to ensure that errors & technical issues are kept to a minimal level for all client engagements;
- Monitor work performed by all subordinates (Advisors & Associate Advisors) on a continuous basis through reviews & thorough audits and ensure that all work being delivered to the client is of maximum quality and in-line with the set standards of co;
- Resolve issues that may be faced by the Associate Advisors and Advisors while performing their duties and maintain accounting controls through recommending accounting policies & procedures to be implemented while handling work of clients;
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for & properly posted as well as record daily reconciliation of payments posted into the accounting system with the bank statement.
- Prepare and present accounting related reports as requested by the clients and ensure that all reports are clearly explained to the clients without leaving any doubts to increase client satisfaction and maximize client retention;
- Provide analysis and summaries of information as directed ensuring key issues are brought to the attention of the client as well as prepare recommendation reports to the clients highlighting issues being faced by them alongside resolutions to these issues;
- Maintain Accounts Receivable aging reports and estimate provisions required for long outstanding receivables;
- Prepare accounts receivable reports related to aging, due payments, long outstanding receivables, and others, as required;
- Perform any other tasks & additional responsibilities as assigned by the Direct Manager.
Job Role :
The Senior Advisor – Accounting Advisory Services is responsible and accountable for performing day-to-day processing of our clients’ accounting transactions, ensuring that all their accounts are up-to-date, accurate and effectively maintained in line with Companies accounting policies & procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The Senior Advisor’s primary role is also to provide the Accounting Advisory team (Advisors and Associate Advisors) with the full support & guidance to finalize client deliverables in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or any related field is a must;
- Professional Certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or any related certifications is a plus;
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in the same or related field;
- Good knowledge of International Accounting standards & principles and Microsoft Excel skills is a must;
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Strong knowledge of accounting software and bookkeeping principles;
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with all levels of the firm and client personnel;
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skill sets Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular, PowerPoint will be an added advantage).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Deeksha Vidyadatt Raturi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Deeksha Vidyadatt Raturi
Brunel Energy Kuwait