About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: India
What is required?
- hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Master
- Closing date: Tuesday, 13 June 2023
About this role: Senior Accountant
We’re hiring Senior Accountant for one of our Leading MNC in Oil & Gas to join their growing team. This position is based out in Chennai.
Position: Senior Accountant;
YOE: 8+ Years;
Will be responsible for applying knowledge and skills to complete detailed analysis of project and financial information. Activities include:;
- Preparation of Corporate IT journal entries for accruals, prepaids, reclasses (as needed), Inter-co transactions (as needed), etc;
- Assist with leading the Global IT Month End Close Process;
- Analyze financial activities impacting the IT Balance Sheet & Income Statement to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Coordinate and prepare budget/ interim forecasts for the Corporate IT;
- Completion of monthly/quarterly reports and analysis to internal teams and respond regarding periodic information requests;
- Assist as a subject matter expert on the Corporate IT P&L and any other complex matters that relate to Corporate;
- Assist with guidance related to the IT Budgeting, Forecasting and close process;
- Assist with guidance related to the IT Fixed Asset Process;
- Analysis and reconciliation of IT leases and Fixed Assets;
- Assist the team with ad-hoc assignments and analysis.
Key Skills – General Ledger, Accounts Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Budgeting and Forecasting, Fixed assets;
- Recognized professional qualification (CA/CWA/ACCA/CPA or CIMA) with relevant work-experience of 4+ years or Semi-qualified professionals / undergraduate / Post graduate degree in commerce with 8 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong accounting knowledge - provide full spectrum of accounting support including handling of full set of accounts, management financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, anti-corruption and SOX compliance;
- Experience in Project Accounting or Project Control activities for multinational engineering and construction companies or experience in F&A of multinational companies including F&A shared services preferred;
- Must be capable of working independently under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Familiar with often changing deadlines, inquiries, and related pressures and able to handle multiple tasks;
- Should be flexible for job rotation on business needs and / or as determined as per the career progression plans;
- Candidates are expected to possess analytical skills with attention to details;
- Work requires professional English written and good verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Should be a Team Player;
- Expected to be pro-active and should be able to create strong working relationships with global stakeholders and influence with consultative stakeholder management approach;
- Expected to have continuous improvement mindset and to drive the team to achieve process improvements;
- Should be flexible regarding working days and working timings (shift timings and working days based on business requirement);
- Should be flexible regarding work from home vs work from office to be determined based on business requirements;
- Should be flexible to work under tight timelines;
- Exposure to large ERP is preferred.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100+ offices across 40+ countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and Pay Rolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ashwini H.G is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai