About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Chinchilla
What is required?
- hours per week: 38
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 18 June 2023
About this role: Security Advisor | FIFO from Brisbane to Chinchilla |
Brunel Australasia is partnering with one of the worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies to source an experienced Security Advisor.
The Security Advisor is accountable to the project manager and will report to the Upstream Security and Emergency Response Lead. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the security and safety of staff working on the project. You will have experience in and demonstrate a high skill level in security risk management, emergency management and creation of high-quality risk assessments, security plans and reports. You will need a strong commitment to security risk and knowledge of all hazards and threats to security and safety. As a Security Advisor, you are expected to represent security discipline to the highest standards whilst partnering with the business, identifying risks and delivering timely and fit-for-purpose solutions. You will role model a deep commitment to the clients values, code of conduct, safety and visibly demonstrate a simplification and delivery mindset, balancing immediate activities with longer-term direction setting.
Responsibilities – To include but are not limited too:
- Creation, development and actioning of security risk assessments, security plans and security reports
- Security and safety briefing to your team, internal stakeholders and project management
- Ensuring the day-to-day security and safety of the project teams whilst on task
- Participation in weekly look ahead meetings for survey activity to establish go/no go decisions and key security considerations
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and including 2-way information sharing (QPS, WDRC etc.)
- Engage with Security and Emergency Response lead and security watchkeeper on any security events and response as needed
- Security related information and intelligence gathering
- When not engaged in project tasks work with Security and Emergency Response Lead on upstream security matters
- Queensland security license (provider or advisor)
- Diploma in Security Risk Management or similar
- ISI (Industry Safety Induction) or industry experienced worker
- Must be able to pass background checks and medical
- Proven experience of working within operational teams whilst positively impacting security and safety Proven operational experience and knowledge of security and safety risks
- A deep understanding of security risk mitigation and control
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate IT skills
- Driving in a rural setting is required
- Roles is based in Chinchilla - travel provided by client from Brisbane to Chinchilla
- Accommodation and Food provided
- 14/14 roster - 10 hour days
- Daily Rate guide of $1000 including super per day
- Working within a global company
- 12 month contract
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world.
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, NSW, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane