About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 1
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Friday, 31 March 2023
About this role: Sample Catchers
On behalf of our client, a Global High Profile Service Provider to the Oil & Gas industry, Brunel are looking for Sample Catchers to help collect and process cutting samples on site.No experience required. On the job training provided. Looking for someone with a good attitude and eager to learn.
- Carries out the collection and the processing of cuttings samples, from the planned lagged depths and intervals
- Assists in core recovery and core preservation when requiredAssists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst in the collection and entry of the rig and well data
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst with the Interaction with other service companies’ personnel and Client representatives at the well site, ensuring the prevention of events that may give rise to the wellbore insecurity.
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst in the maintenance and calibration of sensors and gas equipment
- Assists the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst with the updates of the End of Well Report section concerning the sample collection, packing and dispatch
- Is aware of, and respects all safety regulations and procedures, as specified by the Client, Drilling Operator, Geoservices or relevant safety authorities.
- Should communicate to the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst all enquiries for more/improved services
- Shares with the Data Analyst, Mud Logging Analyst, the responsibility for rigging up and rigging down the mud logging equipment.
- Confidentiality of Client well data.
- No travel restrictions and open to FIFO in Australia
- Able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and Clients, both in written and verbally;
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with the Client and inspire trust and confidence; diplomatic and persuasive style;
- Integrity - accurate and rigorous in data reporting;
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions;
- Learns quickly and adapts to new systems and situations;
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement;
- Good aptitude for technical and data monitoring and synthetic skills; able to balance a range of different views (Client and Operations);
- A high level of drive, creativity and motivation to deal with problems.
- Entry level position into the Oil & Gas industry
- Opportunity to work for a global Oil & Gas provider
- FIFO (onshore / offshore) in Australia
- Competitive day rates on offer
- Length of assignment: ongoing contract work
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth