Vacancy number • PUB406546
Western Canada Sales Manager
Our oil and gas client is currently looking for a Western Canada Sales Manager, reporting to the Director of Sales, The primary objective of this role is to increase market share and build a strong customer base in Western Canada through direct sales and effective marketing strategies. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for enhancing sales across their territory and development of channel partners.
About this role
- Develop and implement sales strategies for the product lines within their territory primarily for the IND (industrial) division.
- Utilize specialized distribution and develop OEM accounts that provide profitable growth while minimizing distribution conflicts.
- Oversee and assess distributor's performance at the end-user level, responsible for new account development and seamless transition to distribution or direct status.
- Conduct seminars at A&E firms, collaborating with Product Managers to influence valve specifications and ensure are specified.
- Coordinate specification efforts with the Product Manager, Sales Director, and identifying decision-makers.
- Provide regional project updates as requested by the Project Management team.
- Submit weekly travel itineraries and trip reports as directed by the Sales Director.
- Handle all related sales tasks as directed by your manager.
- Manage and coordinate outside sales within your territory.
- Forecast sales, prepare an annual budget, and meet assigned sales targets.
- Develop and implement aspects of the marketing plan, analyze market trends, and manage distributors.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows as required.
- Analyze major contract/project bids, follow up on quotations, and provide feedback to the Inside Sales Manager.
- Manage OEMs, end-users, engineering firms, and distributors in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Outside Sales experience.
- 5+ years of experience in BU IND industry.
- Experience in sales and customer needs-based solutions.
- Understanding of the role in fulfilling the company’s mission, purpose, and goals.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Professional communication skills and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personnel.
- Professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Norka Thompson quoting publication number: PUB406546