About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 24 September 2023
About this role: Rotating Equipment Technician
- Rotating Equipment Technician will be able to perform the work safely and independently.
- Ability to identify and use proper tools during overhauling.
- Ability to dismantle and assemble each rotating equipment component as per checklist.
- Ability to take alignment readings and interpret the readings and correct them.
- Ability to carry out shaft run-out check, bearing/ labyrinth clearances, and document them in the check list.
- Ability to take readings using inside and outside micrometer, dial gauge, bore gauge etc.
- Ability to handle various hydraulic tools for coupling, thrust collar removal etc.
- Ability to read drawings and instruction, to install /remove rotating equipment or parts.
- Assist in preparing Job Safety Analysis
- Ability to identify any safety related problems and technical problems and notify immediately to immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge of English language.
- Trade training Certificate from recognized institution.
- Training & certification from Rotating equipment manufacturer will be preferred.
- Must have good knowledge of safety requirements in Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas industries.
- Must have minimum 5 years of work experience as Rotating equipment Technician in a Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Plant.
- Must have Working experience & Knowledge in repair and overhauling of various rotating equipment’s (Multistage Pumps, Blowers, Reciprocating and Rotary Compressors, Gear Box, Agitators etc.)
- Experience in Extruder gear box overhauling in any Poly-Ethylene plant will be an added advantage.
- Experience in dismantling and assembling of Compressor Dry Gas Seals will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked on at least 5 rotating equipment overhauls as hands on lead technician.
- Working experience in Shutdown and Turnaround will be preferred.
- Knowledge of rigging signal and basics in rigging work will be added advantage.
- Must be able to operate overhead cranes for removing & installing rotors / casings and other components.
- Typical Plant experience will be an added advantage.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 3 Years with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha