About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 3 November 2022
About this role: Risk Management Director
- Advise on any potential risks to its profitability or existence.
- Facilitate and maintain risk management process as part of the corporate governance structure.
- Act as an advisor to Senior Management in conducting strategic-level risk management workshops to service corporate planning and business development.
- Communicate to Senior Management and Board of Directors (BOD) on top business risks and opportunities.
- Manage and supervise the ERM team and practice and ensure process continuous improvement.
- Develop an ERM framework and establish effective RM reporting, control systems, risk assessment models & methodologies in line with audit requirements and government standards.
- Establish and maintain ERM policy for sponsorship by Senior Management and BOD.
- Promote an understanding of RM practices and conduct related workshops.
- Develop a common ERM philosophy and language across all business lines.
- Assist Senior Management in developing Risk Strategy (risk appetite) in support of strategic business objectives.
- Work with the Projects section to develop a project-level RM framework in line with the ERM structure.
- Review and oversee RM approach and practices annually and implement required improvements upon consultation with Senior Management.
- Develop and maintain a companywide Risk Register / Repository and ensure communication of key risks to the relevant parties.
- Facilitate the development of business unit specific RM plans, and research applicable and feasible controls to mitigate risks as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Internal Audit team on corporate audit findings and risk identification.
- Manage and coordinate external and internal assurance activities across the enterprise to ensure efficient and effective scheduling, coverage and workload.
- Report to management on risk assessment results and risk management plans and actions.
- Address the management on compliance issues with recognized HSE standards and other local applicable governmental regulations and laws.
- Consult the Company’s Legal Advisor (LA) on legal and legislation related risks and respective mitigating plans.
- Compliance in accordance with section/Company policies& procedures, Policy of Integrity & Code of Conduct and HSE standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Engineering or Business Administration. Master’s degree is of added advantage.
- A recognized certification from the International Association of Risk and Compliance Professionals (IARCP) or Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is required.
- 15 years industrial and risk management experience out of which 5 years RM leadership level in oil and gas and/or construction industries.
- Knowledge of ISO 31000 (International Standard for Risk Management), COSO ERM or any other recognized ERM framework is required.
- Knowledge and experience in control design and risk mitigation is required.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software is of added advantage.
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills in the English language. Knowledge of Arabic is preferred.
- Good people management skills.
- Excellent communication and influential skills.
- Excellent planning, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai