About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Exploration & Geosciences
- Location: Pilbara
What is required?
- hours per week: 84
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 8 October 2022
About this role: Rig Geologist
We have an opportunity for a Junior Resource Definition Geologist to join one of Australia’smajor Iron-Ore producers who currently have operations in the Pilbara. This is a FIFO role fromPerth on an 8:6 roster. This role rocks!...get it?
As a geologist your daily activities will include:
- Utilizing textural logging techniques to log RC chips and validate results post-return oflaboratory assays
- Merging and checking of Assay results – utilizing prior knowledge of XRF techniques
- Rig Management and completion of in-field Inspections and Field Leadership forms
- Generation of exportable datasets and maps
- Production of in-field sections for geospatial validation of RC logging
- Planning drill programs
- Data management and interpretation
- QAQC of drill hole data
- Daily safety inspections of drill rigs and drill pads
- Use of Vulcan, Acquire, Arc Map and Leapfrog Geo
- Report to Resource Definition Superintendent
- Track sample collection/dispatch
To be eligible for this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Geology
- VULCAN and/or ARCGIS software experience beneficial
- C Class Drivers License (Manual)
Our client is open to bring on all levels of experience to join the team…Graduates, we aretalking to you!
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australian the Pilbara Region. They havea strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciateingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- Competitive hourly rates
- 6-month contract with potential for permanency based on performance
- 8:6 from Perth.
- 12 hours per day
- Super on all hours worked.
- Comfortable facilities – gym, aircon and pool
- Return to site every evening
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talentedpeople with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highlyskilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairingcandidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or
secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney,Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a trulyglobal network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginaland Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Paige Harding is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth