Vacancy number • PUB406415
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our rapidly expanding company as a Research Associate. This company has developed proprietary and patent-pending process technology to produce carbon fiber from Alberta oil sands bitumen-based feedstocks. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an exciting company to help scale their proprietary product that is backed by over 7 years of research. The successful candidate will focus on specific research and development projects related to our client’s proprietary process technology and the production of the first of its kind carbon fiber outputs.
About this role
- Focus on specific research and development projects related to the client’s proprietary process technology and/or the production of carbon fiber outputs
- Generate and develop innovative ideas, design, and develop commercially feasible approaches to improve performance of the client’s carbon fibers and the client’s carbon fiber-based products, such as carbon fiber-reinforced composites, pre-impregnated fibrous materials, coatings, fabrics, and/or films/electrodes for energy storage
- Carry out routine research activities including design test matrices, test requests, sample preparation, various testing, collecting data, analyzing data, maintaining schedules, tracking project progress, and reporting progress
- Collaboration with potential customers and end-users on product development
- Compile, interpret, explain, and present results based on scientific principles
- Support activities related to the scale-up of the client’s process technology
- PhD or Master’s degree or equivalent awarded within past five years in materials science polymer science chemistry chemical engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong interest in product innovation using proprietary processes & materials
- Experience in industrial &/or research environments related to thermosetting/epoxy composite materials composite manufacturing processes or fiber composite mechanics considered an asset
- Eligible for applications for funding support available in various Canadian provincial & federal programs such as Mitacs considered an asset
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel Word PowerPoint)
- Self-directed & motivated with excellent organizational & time management skills
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Kaitlyn Smith quoting publication number: PUB406415