About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Norway
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Master
- Closing date: Saturday, 24 June 2023
About this role: Renewable Power Manager - Europe
Our client, a leading company within the global energy transition, is looking to hire Renewable Power Manager.
The company is looking to grow its in-house renewable power origination, structuring and negotiation capacity and is looking for motivated individuals that have a solid track record of contracting across multiple geographies and markets in Europe. Successful candidates will ideally have both sell side and buy side renewable power contracting experience having operated within the liberalised European electricity markets for at least 15 years.
The position holder will be a key member of the clients global centre of excellence for renewable power contracting and management. The main responsibility of the position holder will be to lead all commercial power purchase activities within the European region but the role will also include contributing to the wider global effort of power purchase requirements. The position holder will be responsible for driving concepts to reality in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders, transforming opportunities into robust legally binding commercial agreements.
The Renewable Power Manager will work in close cooperation with the European President and team to source competitively priced renewable power for the green hydrogen/ammonia opportunities under within the region. Building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external power providers will be fundamental to success.
Key Responsibilities & Experience
- In-depth, understanding of Europe’s electricity markets and regulation is required as well as knowledge of adjacent carbon and green certification markets.
- Experience of contracting in mature deregulated markets and a solid track record of completed transactions.
- Experience of dealing with state-controlled utilities across the European region.
- Identification of regional/global competitive power supply power opportunities. Manage all aspects of power origination, including prospecting, bid strategy, RFPs, screening and commercial negotiations through to gaining internal approvals from the Boards.
- Lead the power procurement process and contract negotiations with potential power suppliers such as government-controlled utilities, multinational energy groups, IPPs, project developers at various stages in development.
- The ability to structure and appropriately allocate risk during the negotiation for different types of PPA (fixed profile. pay as produced, pay as forecasted and virtual PPAs (contract for difference) to ensure that they are bankable.
- Collaborate with regional hubs, finance, commercial, project management and technical teams to ensure contracts are aligned with the project development profile (schedule, cost, risk etc.)
- Provide support to establish internal and functional requirements for the implementation and operation of power supply/green certification under contracts.
- Contribute to the definition of and support the implementation of global/regional/country strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- MBA or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in power procurement/sales in multiple geographies and at least 15 years working in the energy industry.
- Track record of successfully closed high value commercial transactions, including PPAs.
- Experience and familiarity with structured project finance and the sensitivities of equity and debt providers related to the respective commercial terms.
- Solid technical knowledge of renewable energy technologies, project development, construction, operation, maintenance and performance. Understand commercial risk and provide innovative solutions for it to be efficiently allocated.
- Courage and determination to lead billion-dollar transactions through to completion.
- Detailed knowledge of power, carbon and green certification markets and electricity system regulation across Europe.
- Understanding of and ability to address concepts including basis risk, markets risk, counterparty risk, hedging, transmission and congestion across markets. Ability to rationalize and explain concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong communication skills, able to confidently interface with commercial counterparties, regulatory bodies & financial institutions at all organisational levels.
- Business fluency in English other languages will be advantageous.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester