About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branch: Building & Construction
- Area of Expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Location: South Brisbane
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 17 December 2023
About this role: Project Manager
Our client, a renowned Tier 2 commercial builder, are looking for a Project Manager to join their close knit team.
This is a national builder with a great reputation in Fit Out and New Build, they are now entering an exciting new era in QLD, with a number of flagship projects secured for 2023.Project values will range from $20M - $100M, which will include some D&C projects.
- $200k - 240k p/a dependent on experience
- Strong employee retention and satisfaction showcased through the winning of a number of employer of choice awards.
- Emphasis on promoting from within - professional training and development encouraged.
- A chance to work on flagship projects that will boost your career.
Working as a Project Manager, you will take a leading role working on several projects from concept design and development stages, right through to construction and completion.
Other duties will include:
- Planning all phases of the construction lifecycle from initiation to completion.
- Obtaining all necessary regulations and permits.
- Makes sure projects are aligned with agreed-upon plans.
- Managing your Site Managers and Foreman oversees their work.
- Communicating with clients and delivers project progress reports.
- Continuing positive relationship with subcontractors
- Develops and adheres to the budget, timeline, and quality control plan.
- Collaborates with architects, engineers, electricians, and other specialists.
- HSE responsibility in partnership with HSE Advisor and Manager
- Uses scheduling software to update schedules, track progress, and document project progression.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, business administration, or a related degree
- 3 + years of construction Project Management experience.
- Experience with Commercial New Build Projects. - preferably on projects $30m+
- Ability to make a proactive approach to safety and good understanding of Occupational Safety and Health requirements.
- The ability to manage and mentor in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Excels at organisation, time-management, problem-solving, and budgeting.
- Exposure to commercial projects, ideally with a value of $10M+
- Maintaining a great culture is essential to our client so you are ideally friendly, approachable and a team player.
The company offers multiple career progression routes, there are opportunities to progress into a Senior PM then Construction Manager role.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane