About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 30 April 2023
About this role: Project Manager - Environmental
Looking for an exciting new opportunity as a HSE Specialist – Project Manager with one of the world's leading energy companies? Our client is seeking an experienced Project Manager with a background in environmental engineering to join their Major Capital Projects (MCP) Team reporting to the MCP Supervisor. The role will be based in Perth with occasional site travel.
- Manage a large-scale technical project, including significant internal and external stakeholder consultation
- Assess technical proposals and prioritize potential design options
- Lead the design of environmental and engineering projects to support feasibility studies
- Manage complex consultant scopes of work, including all Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) requirements
- Provide technical input in the development and revision of environmental approval documentation
- Strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills are essential
- Tertiary qualification in environmental engineering or related discipline, experience in soil science desirable but not essential
- At least 10 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing contractors and assessing complex technical proposals and reports
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of environmental approvals at State and Commonwealth levels
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues to a range of stakeholders
- An understanding of the Barrow Island Quarantine Management System is desirable but not essential
- A commitment to health, environment, and safety and Chevron best practices
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth