About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: VANCOUVER
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Sunday, 16 October 2022
About this role: Project Information Assistant
The core function of this role is Document Control, which is a part of the Information and Document Management (IDM) function of the Project Group
Reporting to the clients Project Managers of the assigned projects, the Project Information Assistant (Document Control) is responsible for implementing effective project information management and document control methods, procedures, and systems on all phases of the project. This role reports functionally to the Information and Document Management (IDM) Manager or Lead for alignment with corporate Information Management and Document Control standards and continual improvement processes.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Responsible for Document Control on assigned projects, implementing Information and Document Management (IDM) standards, processes, and tools on assigned projects, including gathering project-specific IDM requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that project information and documents are managed effectively through the full project lifecycle, including document handover from vendors, permanent filing of documents at project stage completion, and document handover to Operations at project close.
- Control numbering (document coding), proper application of metadata, and organization of project documentation.
- Act as liaison with contractors on all IDM processes.
- Coordinate the document submittal and review process, ensuring information is released to project teams and subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Ensure all documents are uploaded, maintained, and kept up to date on the clients document management system (SharePoint) in accordance with company specified protocols.
- Regularly report document control statistics and status of pending reviews to project management.
- Develop and create specific project IM plans.
- Ensure proper document distribution via workflow within predefined time KPI’s.
- Perform regular quality checks on contractor/service providers submission before distribution to the project team.
- Coordinate and manage the update of project distribution matrix all the time.
- Interface with contractor’s focal point to ensure regular submission and update of project master document register (MDR)
- Coordinate submission of periodic job-related photographs and ensure inclusion in project records.
- Procure all close-out documents, including warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Train users (internal and external) on IDM tools and procedures and provide end-user support as required.
- Conduct regular quality audits (self-audit) on assigned project SharePoint library contents and application of IDM Standard and Document Control Procedure.
- Participate in the continual improvement of document management processes within the overall IDM function.
- Act as a contributing member of the IDM functional Team, collaborating with other Project Information Assistants (Document Controllers).
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
- Travel up to 20% to project sites.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Document Control role.
- Strong skills and experience in Information Management and Document Control are essential.
- Strong communication skills, confidence interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic forms.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other departments and/or external sources.
- Great team player, knows when to ask for help and being there to help others when needed.
- Process-driven and able to identify methods to improve overall efficiencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the mining and or construction industry would be considered highly valuable.
- Similar experience working in an Owner’s role highly valuable.
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in other EDMS systems would be a plus.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto