About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: St. John's
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Saturday, 15 October 2022
About this role: Project Fabrication Representative
We are seeking a Project Fabrication Representative to support Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security (QHSES) in line with Company and project standards while, overseeing fabrication on site.
- Provide general fabrication and testing activity oversight and support. Ensure all activity is as per approved project procedures and inspection and test plans.
- Liaise with Fabrication Lead regarding site activity, progress and issues.
- Generate reports and provide to project team and clients as required by the project.
- Document project and inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Assist the Fabrication Lead with project procedures and documentation related to fabrication for project compliance.
- Liaise with Fabricators and attend site meetings as required. Ensure fabrication progress is as per approved project plans and procedures.
- Assist project team with Fabrication Surveillance as required per project documentation.
- Preform all activities related to quality control and quality assurance, including the conformance to project specifications
- Encourage and promote quality and safety awareness in all activities;
- Liase with Project Quality and HSE leads to ensure QHSE project and company requirements are implemented and communicated to fabricators.
- Liaise with Regulatory Authority on site as required;
- Preform periodic inspections and checking for all quality and project related procedures in fabricators facility.
- Provide input on supplier performance at project closeout;
- Participation in fabrication Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments;
- Participate in accident/incident/near miss investigations and report / recommend corrective actions where required;
- Identification of trends regarding the recurrence of accidents / incidents / near misses.
- Assist in HSE related matters as required.
- Support compilation of Mechanical Completion Dossiers and Final Documentation.
- Perform progressive reviews of manufacturing documentation and assist project team with final reviews of manufacturing record books.
- Responsibility to comply with company Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Security policies, procedures and reporting requirements in relation to their work activities.
- Completion of technical program or degree, with 7-10 years’ experience in project fabrication and site management.
- Relevant project experience in fabrication, outfitting/mechanical completions, factory acceptance testing (FAT) and system integration testing (SIT) related to the subsea industry an asset.
- Relevant experience/knowledge in Site Inspection, Welding Inspection, Non-Destructive Testing of structural steel and duplex piping.
- Relevant experience with carbon steel, duplex and stainless-steel fabrications an asset.
- Knowledge with local regulations and industry standards for design and fabrication of subsea structures. (i.e. CSA, AWS, ASME, Norsok, DNV, Lloyds)
- Familiarity with subsea coating applications.
- Familiarity with large scale equipment handling.
- Familiarity with materials handling, tracking and storage.
- Formal training &/or qualified in quality and safety relations
- Relevant project experience in Quality field, preferably in the energy sector.
- Welding, NDE and Coating Certifications are considered a benefit.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft applications.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary