About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branch: Building Facilities & HVAC
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Melbourne
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 16 June 2023
About this role: Project Engineer/Project Manager
A leading biopharmaceutical company in Australia is currently undergoing significant growth and expansion, making valuable contributions to the nation's export economy. As part of their ongoing investment in new manufacturing facilities, they are now seeking a dedicated and experienced Project Engineer/Project Manager to join the team. This project aims to significantly increase the production capacity of a key product at their state-of-the-art site.
The successful candidate will be a crucial member of the Project Delivery Team, reporting directly to the Lead Project Manager responsible for the Fill & Finish section. You will be tasked with managing and delivering specific sections of the project scope.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of capital assets aligns with overall project objectives.
- Manage and deliver assigned project scope according to project requirements.
- Oversee project scope through all design phases, construction, FAT/SAT, startup, and verification testing.
- Collaborate with other members of the Project Delivery Team to ensure successful project execution.
- Identify necessary resources, actions, and timelines to achieve project goals, create project plans, and organize self and team members to complete required activities.
- Develop functional content within RFPs for accurate procurement of goods and services, review proposals, and work with Sourcing for order placement.
- Manage vendors and contractors to successfully complete the relevant scope of work.
- Promote a safe construction environment throughout the project.
- Create and deliver project files to the project document management solution.
- Contribute to regular communication on project status for respective areas (progress, budget, schedule, risk).
- Travel as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Skills, Experiences, and Education:
- A tertiary degree in Engineering or Science.
- Experience within a regulated industry with strong knowledge of quality management.
- Pharmaceutical production project experience is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in Project Delivery, Design & Construction, and Start-up within biopharma, life sciences, or other highly regulated industries.
- Strong project management experience, including managing capital projects (up to $10 million), meeting financial targets, and driving cost savings.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external resources to deliver successful projects, ensuring high quality, safety, timely completion, and adherence to budgets.
- Solid understanding of cGMP, GEP, and EHS&S requirements globally.A track record of consistently meeting performance metrics.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
On offer is the opportunity to work with a international organization on large scale project.
The successful candidate will be offered above market hourly rates on a long term contract
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane