About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 7 October 2023
About this role: Project Engineering Lead
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia. Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Lead the technical interfaces, internally and externally, to execute engineering activities from design basis development until completion and hand over to operations.
- Internal: Frequent interaction with Heads in Engineering & Projects Group, Operations, HSEQ, Maintenance, Supply, Finance, Audit, and Legal departments.
- External: Regular contact with multiple facilities owners as per project scope. Periodic contact with Shareholders management and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Manage and control all aspects of engineering design including interface engineering of Project offshore and onshore spread across all Company Assets.
- Supervise the engineering design and interface team and steward the EPC Contractor and subcontractors and vendors to execute engineering design in a safe and timely manner within approved cost and schedule budget.
- Act as the focal point regarding engineering design, technology selection &implementation. Ensure the engineering team reports progress on time and will report engineering progress & issues to Head of Project and other departments / divisions as required.
- Provide support and confirm technical solutions required to support recovery plans or to advance schedule acceleration and align engineering and interfaces of the Contractor to achieve project priorities. Recommends alternate technologies and engineering design solutions to achieve minimum-kit and fit-for-purpose solutions which are cost effective.
- Evaluate complex tasks related to technology implementation and engineering design and provide appropriate recommendations to management which support project cost and schedule. Provide support to other disciplines and contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Lead technical interface activities through interactions with the project owner, shareholders, facilities owner, contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Identify, monitor, and ensure all technical interface issues are resolved timely.
- Support the engineering team of external organizations appointed representatives to ensure engineering design addresses each companies’ expectations consistent with Company and Project’s objectives.
- Ensure compliance with Company systems and processes including the Company Project Management System (CPMS) and maintain support and adoption of all processes. Prepare plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of engineering design and engineering issues.
- Monitor and provide necessary guidance on engineering design to the FEED, EPC Contractor(s) and all 3rd Party Services throughout the project phases. Ensures the facilities are constructed per scope, meeting COMPANY standards specifications, within the time and project cost approved by the shareholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, of which 4 years’ are in project management team role.
- Significant experience in project environment for engineering, procurement and implementation of brownfield projects
- Experience in Industrial Control and Safety Systems of onshore & offshore oil & gas facilities
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Attain and maintain competence in accordance with the technical competence framework requirements.
- Experience with EPC contractors
- Experience with ICS/Automation vendors for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Conversant with Company, National and internationally accepted specifications.
- Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of all relevant engineering software tools, systems and tools.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha