About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 23 April 2023
About this role: Project Engineer
Our Client is apowerhouse in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare and for infrastructure solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a major energy manufacturer for a contract role in Sydney.
On a day to day basis you will work together with the project team on modular movable units, E-house/Skids, for the energy supply of data centres. The team is involved in the detailed design, coordination, preparation of technical documents and preparation for installation.
These units are equipped with electrical power distribution systems, for both low and medium voltage. The emphasis is on assembling the units, in which many interfaces must be considered. Both mechanical electrical, and cooling systems.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Electrical schematic design
- Electrical switchboard design
- Coordination with mechanical design
- Design, implement and commission support of electrical systems and services required for project
- Switchboard and mechanical testing and commissioning support
- Provide technical support to project package managers
- Produce designs in accordance with Siemens procedures
- Control and manage technical interfaces between disciplines, and with equipment suppliers and subcontractors
- Liaise with drafting personnel to produce design and installation drawings
- Provide written reports and documentation on engineering activities as required
- Support field implementation and commissioning activities
- Use of electrical design software and a range of 2D/3Delectricalsoftwarepackages.
- Producing electrical drawings of LV electrical systems including main switchboards, distribution boards & control panels
- Develop and manage standard designs and parts libraries.
- Conduct research and apply relevant information found to generate electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of all relevant standards including but not limited to:
- Australian Electrical Wiring Standard
- Electrical Symbol and Drawing Standards
- Switchboard Standards (AS/NZS 61439.1)
- Identify and take action to mitigate risk in electrical design.
- Continuously building knowledge, keeping up to date on the technical and procedural aspects of the role.
- Deliver the following electrical design deliverables: Single Line Drawings (SLD),termination diagrams,General Arrangement, Detailed Design and ‘As Built’ Schematic
- Ongoing role
- Sydney based role
- Monday - Friday
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
- Fantastic rates on offer
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane