About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Arizona
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, 11 July 2023
About this role: Project Controls Manager (Miami Project)
Brunel has an exciting job opportunity for Project Controls Manager working on a long-term contract basis for our client who are a large global mining company. This contractor position will be working in their Miami, AZ project offices.
Manages and oversees project controls functional area for very large multidisciplinary high risk capital engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages project controls personnel. Responsible for establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers and corporate management. Experienced with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position is “hands on” or working manager position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related fields and twelve (12) years’ experience in Construction Management, at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and sixteen (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
- Leadership ability and strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software, SAP and EcoSys is preferred.
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting.
- Strong understanding of Primavera and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects.
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment.
- Experience with mining construction projects
Here at Brunel, we offer extraordinary earning potential
followed by a very competitive benefit package. We provide the tools for success; world-class training and advanced
technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Large global mining company.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston