About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Arizona
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Sunday, 23 July 2023
About this role: Project Controls Manager - Safford
Brunel has an exciting job opportunity for a Project Controls Manager supporting our client who are a large global Mining Company. This contractor position will be working from home with business trip to Safford, Arizona.
- Manages and oversees project controls functional area for very large multidisciplinary high risk capital engineering and construction projects from FEED to operations. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages project controls personnel. Responsible for establishing operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers and corporate management. Experienced with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This role will be a ‘hands on’ position with the successful applicant undertaking the day-to-day cost engineering duties on the owner’s team.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and twelve (12) years’ experience in Project Management, at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls OR
- High School diploma or GED and twenty (16) years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls or business-related field with at least eight (8) years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
- Leadership ability and strong management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software, SAP and EcoSys is preferred
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Strong understanding of Primavera and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
- Experience with mining construction projects
Here at Brunel, we offer extraordinary earning potential followed by a very competitive benefit package. We provide the tools for success; world-class training and advanced technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Large global mining company
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston