About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Pharmaceutical
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Saturday, 12 November 2022
About this role: Production Technician
We are currently hiring 4 Production Technicians for our client, a global company dedicated to innovating and delivering products and services to prevent and treat diseases in farm animals and pets, creating value for farmers, pet owners, veterinarians, stakeholders, and society. As a global leader in in animal health, our client is responsible for developing innovative solutions through their products and services that empowers those who raise and care for animals.
The Production Technician will be responsible for producing veterinary biologics according to a defined production schedule following cGMP guidelines and specific Outlines of Production to meet market demands for Aquaculture products. This is a contract work of 6 months,12 months, 18 months or 24 months and the working hours are 5pm-5am or 12pm-12am with 2 days on and 2 days off.
- Comply with safety requirements, cGMP, SOP, and manufacturing documentation
- Produce antigens in a timely manner according to their approved Outline of Production/Product Dossiers and to cGMP guidelines
- Support Antigen production and freeze-dried vaccines production according to standard operating procedures and protocols
- Complete environmental monitoring, both viable and non-viable monitoring
- Prepare materials for production needs
- Organizing, labeling, wrapping and sterilization of materials
- Ensure equipment and materials are in state of readiness for production technicians
- Cleaning/disinfection of production areas and materials as outlined in specific standard operating procedures
- Assist in buffer preparation and other supporting activities related to down streaming process
- Perform routine activities such as recording temperatures and room pressures, performing purified water sampling and clean steam sampling
- Support fermentation operator by cleaning fermenters and associated parts, set up/tear down of fermenters
- Preparation and modification of standard operating procedures as required
- Perform other duties as required
- A 2-year biotechnology diploma and/or bachelor’s degree in a life science (e.g., Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology) is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in the GMP bio-manufacturing industry
- Experience with fermentation in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Experience in the preparation of standard operating procedures, preparation of batch records as per specific GMP requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both communications and written
- Outlines of Production, cGMP guidelines, and HSE regulations
- Experience performing investigations and writing deviations
- Intermediate/Expert computer skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Thorough technical understanding of quality systems and regulatory requirements
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Melissa Rice is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary