About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Pharmaceutical
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 10 November 2022
About this role: Product Owner
We are currently hiring Product Owner for our client, a leading pharmaceutical company known for its global contribution in providing potentially life-changing treatments and the protection of life-saving vaccines to millions of people. With a focus on immunology, rare diseases/rare blood disorders, neurology/multiple sclerosis, Diabetes & Cardiovascular, and oncology, they are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families they serve.
The Product Owner will report directly to the head of Global Commercial Data Platforms, and set the NA Strategy for Commercial Data platforms, having a strong technical foundation to develop innovative solutions and deliver those solutions in partnership with the business to deliver value.
- Working closely with the business and Data team, create the NA Commercial Vaccine Data platform product and vision
- Own the Why, What and When of the product: responsible for the product vision and roadmap in alignment with broader organization goals
- Connect business and tech worlds
- Develop launch plans, ensure readiness of the various cross-functional partners
- Provide consistent updates to leadership and executives, making communication easy and clear regarding product issues and decisions to be made
- Responsible for the user experience – internal voice of the user in the pod (product team)
- Work with the scrum master and the digital data team daily, maintaining team health
- Define user stories and own the product backlog
- Negotiate Yes/No with the business and with the delivery team; empowered to make decisions related to product features, backlog prioritization, release planning
- Ensure good practices in architecture and that the product meets applicable quality, regulatory (Data Privacy, GxP, SOX, etc.) and cybersecurity requirements
- Lead business-critical operational performance indicators and technical metrics
- Over 7 years’ experience in Digital Data Analytics Platforms, including Data Warehousing
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience in Commercial & Pharma/Vaccine Analytics
- Knowledge and experience working with: Snowflake, Informatica (IICS) and AWS preferred
- Agile / Scrum practices using Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence)
- Ability to connect tech and business worlds
- Possess business acumen
- Demonstrated experience guiding large-scale, data-centric software products
- Experience leading multi-department teams: clarifying requirements, resolving conflicts, defining roadmap, and driving progress
- Hands on experience with Agile practices and expectations
- Creativity to go beyond current processes to deliver the best solution for a problem or opportunity
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting priorities and requests in a complex environment
- Understand solution architecture
- Be data-driven
- Have excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of business rules and collaborative skills with the development team to create a better vision of what the final product should be
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto